Mediawiki SoftwareConsult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
Permissions on MyWikiSchool
- Everyone can view all contents of MyWikiSchool
- Only registered users can post/edit
- Only confirmed users can add new pages and upload files - these are usually only needed by contributors. Please ask for permission by email.
- The only reason for the limitations above is to reduce spambots. MyWikiSchool is always open to all to view/contribute.
Extensions / Special Properties of MyWikiSchool
Test Site for ContributorsFor practical and convenience purposes, you might not want to publish your work directly onto MyWikiSchool. There are a few options for you to test/develop your materials before publishing.
Online test site
- http://www.stpmwiki.com/index.php is now a test/development site. Once you register and log in, you can test all the same functions as MyWikiSchool.
Offline test siteIf you need to develop/test your materials offline for convenience and practical purposes, there are a few options
- Wiki on Pendrive - this will give you a blank mediawiki site that works directly off your pendrive.
- Some modifications needs to be done to enable the hide/play tags. I can share the modifications here or even modify and upload an installation file if anyone needs to use this.
- Mathematical equation support, however, is out of the question with this method, unless using an online option, which nullifies the reason to use this method in the first place.
- Run a virtual machine running linux and mediawiki. This is the method I am using as I need maths support offline. I can share the method and the virtual machine file (it's around 1 GB) if anyone is interested.